Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Blog Hop with a Difference...

Hello lovely cyber friends!  Sorry about the lack of blogging lately.  eeeek!  I really have no excuse except for the lack of time available to me! If I could clone myself six different ways, I'm sure my lifestyle wouldn't be as crazy!  ha!! Does anyone else feel like that? No? It must just be me!!  LOL!
 
Anyway... Back to business.  *grin* Last week I was invited to play along with a fun and exciting blog hop by my gorgeous friend Chantalle McDaniel.  Chantalle has an amazing talent!  I am always is total awe of her interactive designs.  And no doubt her kids, in years to come, when they look back on these stories of their lives, the touch and feel from these interactive elements will evoke so many more memories than just the ones written down.  Oh yes!  She is an amazing talent for sure!!
Chantalle McDaniel
 
This Blog Hop With A Difference is just what the name suggests.  It has a little twist.  The hope is that the hop will continue to bounce its way around the blogosphere by answering a few questions and passing on the merriment to some more bloggers. Off we go....
 
1. What am I working on right now?


 
Right now I am working on a few things in succession!  Right at the top of my scrappy to-do list however, is my Project Life.  I provide a weekly blog post over at Sassy Scrapper, sharing the details of my PL spreads.  This month I am working with another gorgeous kit (shown above).

 
2. How long does it take to create a project?

When I put my heart and soul into a project (and trust me, that's 99.9999% of the time) I can develop a concept in my head, convert it to paper and create it in less than a few hours.  I am a relatively quick scrapper.  I know what I want and usually I can figure out a way to achieve it.  Having said that, I know when something doesn't work on my page.  If I am not completely happy with the look of it, I will walk away and start something else.  Usually I will keep this "unfinished" project highly visible and every time I glance at it, I am subconsciously thinking of what will work to "fix" it!  LOL!  I definitely know how to complicate a simple process!
 
3. What are my fave things I love to create with at the moment?

Colour!  I love colour combinations that are unusual.  And I love fresh and vibrant patterned papers!  Quite possibly why I am such a HUGE fan of both Bella Blvd and Jillibean Soup!!



4. How does my creative process work?

I love the glean inspiration from everywhere!  Pinterest.. check.  Blog surfing.. check.  My children.. check.  My creative process generally starts with the story I want to share.  The idea may be sparked by a scrappy challenge or assignment, but I know I am staying true to myself, when I use that challenge to document my family's history.  The photo comes next.  If I have a photo to support the story I am thrilled!  Finally I add the sweet stuff.  The ever inspiring product that falls into my hands!! I use scrapbooking paper, embellishments and all those extra goodies to help fill in the details for my story.  I tend to always carefully consider what each element can or could represent on my pages.

5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?

As mentioned above, Pinterest, Blog Surfing, Scrapbooking Forums and YOU guys all keep me inspired.  But if, heaven forbid, the www no longer existed, I would still be inspired to document the everyday, fleeting moments and milestones, through my children.  Seriously... I can't make the stuff up, that goes on in my household!!! LOL!



6. What is my signature style?
 
My signature style is definitely 8.5"x11".  Give me a 12"x12" sheet of cardstock or patterned paper, and I. will. cut. it. down! LOL!  I am comfortable creating a super, feminine and girly page for my daughter, as easily as I am comfortable with superheroes and army camo papers for my boys.  I will always, ALWAYS have journaling on my layout.  It might be hidden sometimes or even added to the back of the page, but it is always there.  *grin*  I couldn't imagine creating without adding the words to remind me why I took a particular photo!  he he he...


 
Now I am passing you over to another amazing blogger that I am honoured to call my friend. 
 
  
 Wendy Antenucci - On the Road to Destiny

Wendy constantly inspires me with her zest for creating with paper!  Not only does she blow me away with her 12"x12" LOs but she also creates stunning OTP projects and is committed to Project Life documenting.  I have the pleasure of working along side Wendy over at Bella Blvd but she also designs for Pebbles Inc. & Simple Stories.  Please head on over and check out her blog.

 
 Thanks for taking the time to visit here today.  I appreciate it greatly.  Have a wonderful day...x
 
 

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

So lovely to read a bit more about you.. I shall go and check out Wendys place!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loved reading more about you :)

Lizzy Hill said...

I can just imagine you already juggling with what seems 12 hands, LOL..... Loved reading this post...& I reckon your typed journaling is DEFFO part of your modus operendi... Oe however u spell it!!!! Thanks for sharing:):)

Marelize said...

I loved reading about your scrapping process and what inspires you Leanne. Always loved your style. :)

antenucci said...

Thanks for tagging me Leanne! I really want to try 8.5x11 sometime, you always make them look so good. You have been busy, missed "seeing" you in the blog world!

Monique Liedtke said...

So much fun to read more about you!! I hear you about the bussy days ... if only a day had 48 hours! and I share your love for bright, colorful papers! Bella Blvd and Jillibean (and Doodlebug) are my favs too! Wish I journaled on all of my pages ... I always forget to leave some space for it, lol. What a super fun photo of your son!!!

Suzanna Lee said...

Hi Leanne! We haven't "met" but our paths have crossed on many on occasion in the scrappy world! I love your work and am so happy Wendy shared this post with me!