Saturday, January 3, 2015

Jot | January Moodboard...

Happy New Year Friends!!  I hope your celebrations were full of joy and laughter!  My little family and I sat on the beach and shared the fireworks view with many, many others, who were ready to say hello to 2015.  Not a bad way to start the year, that's for sure.
 
I am also very happy to be starting off the year with a new Design Team.  In 2015 I am completely honoured to be a JOT Girl - fully fledged member of JOT Magazine! I'm so very excited!!! And wouldn't you know it, our first assignment is up on the blog already. Yay!
 
 
I've created a PL spread inspired by the colour palette above.  And in creating this spread, I've filled the gaps in my 2014 Project Life!  *insert HAPPY DANCE here* I was walking around the house in a state of "OMGosh!  I can't believe I have completed a full year of PL!!" Trust me.. This is a massive achievement! LOL!  Every. Other. Attempt. FAILED. *grin*
 
 "Weeks 47 + 48"
 
I chose to combine these two weeks just to make life easier.  In the weeks leading up to December everything is rather a blur and even though I've made notes, there wasn't much to distinguish between one week or the other.
 
 
The majority of my photos in this spread were altered to black and white.  They became the charcoal base, as in the moadboard and then splashes of colour were added to highlight and play with my stories.
 
 
From this moodboard in particular, I was definitely drawn to the lime green and turquoise.  But also from the inspiration photo, I have included hints of confetti on both pages. Note the small coloured triangles above and the enamel dots below.
 
 
Of course, I couldn't go past actually creating a confetti shaker pocket.  Here I've used two Becky Higgins Project Life Cards, trimmed the pink speech bubble to layer on top of the grey "Hello" card and then added sequins, paper circles and a gold foil die cut.
 
 
Now that I've shared my pages, don't forget to join in with the challenge Moodboard for this month.  It runs until the end of January.  Check out all the linky details and the other Jot Girls amazing work on the JOT blog.
 
And... If you would like to see all of my pages for 2014, please visit here.  Thanks for joining me today.  Happy New Year...x
 
 


3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Fantastic pages.. love the details!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Huge CONGRATS on the DT!! That is AWESOME!! I love love love the PL pages! Your photos are always wonderful!!!

Lauren Hender said...

Amazing Leanne! Love all your projects :-)